- An Illustrated History of Los Angeles County
An illustrated history of Los Angeles County, California. Chicago: The Lewis publishing company. 1889
- An Illustrated History of Southern California
An illustrated history of Southern California : embracing the counties of San Diego, San Bernardino, Los Angeles and Orange, and the peninsula of Lower California, from the earliest period of occupancy to the present time; together with glimpses of their prospects; also, full-page portraits of some of their eminent men, and biographical mention of many of their pioneers and of prominent citizens of to-day. Chicago, Ill.: The Lewis Publishing Company. 1890.
- History of Los Angeles and Vicinity
Guinn, James Miller. Historical and biographical record of Los Angeles and vicinity: containing a history of the city from its earliest settlement as a Spanish pueblo to the closing year of the nineteenth century; also containing biographies of well known citizens of the past and present. Chicago: Chapman Pub. Co. 1901.
- Historical and Biographical Record of So. Cal.
Guinn, James Miller. Historical and biographical record of southern California: containing a history of southern California from its earliest settlement to the opening year of the twentieth century. Chicago, Chapman pub. co. 1902.
- Men of achievement in the great Southwest Illustrated
Burton, George Ward, 1839-. Men of achievement in the great Southwest Illustrated. A story of pioneer struggles during early days in Los Angeles and Southern California. With biographies, heretofore unpublished facts, anecdotes and incidents in the lives of the builders. [Los Angeles] Los Angeles times. 1904.
- History of South Coast Counties
Guinn, James Miller. A history of California and an extended history of its southern coast counties, also containing biographies of well-known citizens of the past and present. Los Angeles, Cal., Historic record company. 1907.
- Ingersoll’s century history, Santa Monica Bay cities
Ingersoll, Luther A., 1851- [from old catalog]. Ingersoll’s century history, Santa Monica Bay cities: prefaced with a brief history of the state of California, a condensed history of Los Angeles County, 1542 to 1908 : supplemented with an encyclopedia of local biography and embellished with views of historic landmarks and portraits of representative people. Los Angeles, L. A. Ingersoll. 1908.
- Greater Los Angeles & Southern California
Burdette, Robert J. (Robert Jones), 1844-1914, ed. Greater Los Angeles & Southern California; portraits & personal memoranda. Chicago, Los Angeles [etc.], The Lewis Publishing Company. 1910.
- History of Los Angeles and Environs
Guinn, James Miller. A history of California and an extended history of Los Angeles and environs : also containing biographies of well-known citizens of the past and present. Los Angeles, Cal., Historic record company. 1915.
- History of Pomona Valley
Brackett, Frank Parkhurst. History of Pomona Valley, California, with biographical sketches of the leading men and women of the valley who have been identified with its growth and development from the early days to the present. Los Angeles, Cal.: Historic Record Company. 1920.
- Los Angeles from the Mountains to the Sea
McGroarty, John Steven. Los Angeles from the mountains to the sea: with selected biography of actors and witnesses to the period of growth and achievement. Chicago: American Historical Society. 1921.
- History of Glendale and Vicinity
Sherer, John Calvin. History of Glendale and Vicinity. The Glendale History Publishing Company. 1922.
- History of Los Angeles Harbor District
Ludwig, Ella A. History of the harbor district of Los Angeles dating from its earliest history. Containing also short, well-written personal sketches of many men and women, deceased and living, who by their own unaided efforts have made this one of the foremost sections of the state. Los Angeles: Historic record company, inc. 1927.
- History of Long Beach and Vicinity – 1927 – Index Only
- California of the South – Search Only
McGroarty, John Steven. California of the south; a history. 5 volumes. Chicago: S. J. Clarke publishing co., inc. 1933-35.
- El Monte From the Pioneer Days
Works progress administration. El Monte from the pioneer days; history and biographical sketches compiled and written for the city of El Monte by the Works progress administration, project N-5740. [n.p., 194-?] 2 v. Mimeo.
- The Historical Volume and Reference Works
- Vol. I. Covering Alhambra, Monterey Park, Rosemead, San Gabriel, South San Gabriel and Temple City – Los Angeles County. Published 1962.
- Vol. II. Covering Bassett, City of Industry, La Habra, La Mirada, Le Puente, Pico Rivera, Santa Fe Springs, Walnut and Whitter – Los Angeles County. Published 1963.
- The Historical Volume and Reference Works – Index Only