Methodist Episcopal Church of Auburn
Methodist Episcopal Church of Auburn organized in June 1852, by Rev. James Hunter, P. C., and Rev. J. D. Blain, P. E. Present Pastor, Rev. N. R. Peck. Number of members, 15. Cost of church building and furnishing same, about $4,000. The Sunday school of the M. E. Church of Auburn was organized in October 1852, by Rev. James Hunter. Present number of members, 93; average attendance, about 40; number of volumes in the library, 600; Number of teachers, 7. The officers for the year 1861 are: H. Hazell – Superintendent. J. R. Crandall – Assistant Superintendent. H. N. Cumings – Librarian. Miss Jane Elliott – Chorister.
Methodist Episcopal Church of Dutch Flat
The Methodist Episcopal Church of Dutch Flat was organized in 1857; Rev. G. B. Hinckle, P. C., and Rev. S. B. Simonds, P. E. Present Pastor, Rev. T. H. McGrath; present P. E., Rev. J. B. Fish; number of members, 40; cost of church building and furnishing the same, about $3,500; completed April, 1861; cost of Parsonage, $600. The Sunday School denominated the M. E. Sunday School of Dutch Flat, was organized on the 13th of September, 1857. Number of registered names of scholars, 75; average attendance, 40; Number of teachers, 8. H. Davis – Superintendent. Nichols Boke – Assistant Superintendent. The Library contains 500 volumes. School in a growing and healthy condition.